Ref: JN -072018-2825
Principal Consultant – M&A (Technology, SMEs), Berkshire, Full or part time , Flexible
Our client is a commercial B2B consulting firm looking to build on its success in M&A activities. They are seeking a Principal Consultant to drive expansion across the South East high growth technology start-up & SME sector.
This role is an exciting opportunity to work with technology start-ups, you will nurture, advise and build opportunity with clients, implementing the best foundations for value, whilst setting out the path to a successful exit.
You’ll be supported by a broader team of contract M&A colleagues and a growth focussed MD with a wealth of experience in delivering exits and acquisitions.
This career opportunity offers:
- A lead role in carving a unique niche providing legal and commercial support throughout deal cycles for high-growth tech companies in the £1m-£20m range.
- Operating at the forefront of how technology is shaping the evolution of professional services, digital transformation and the delivery of contracts.
- A chance to work with an experienced, growth focussed MD in designing and executing the firm's M&A proposition, expanding its market and driving opportunities through to completion.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have existing commercial & legal expertise in M&A transaction and advisory work.
- Operate broadly across technology & manufacturing sectors and are familiar with navigating innovation hubs & corporate acquisition networks.
- Are a visionary with brilliant opportunity development ability, able to focus on delivering great results under pressure while creating long term productive relationships.
- Are confident and competent in understanding, explaining and negotiating Share Purchase Agreements and Investment Agreements.
- Have strong technical skills that enable you to confidently negotiate key terms.
- Have a strong deal-making instinct and appreciation for the levers of business that drive a successful M&A transaction.
- Maintain intimate commercial and legal know-how of driving commercial contract law and best-practice in a pragmatic SME environment.
Salary: £55K FTE basic (£80K FTE OTE)
Flexibility: Full or part-time (min 3 days a week)
Location: Berkshire (between Reading and Basingstoke – need to be able to drive)