Ref: JN -072019-3130
Part time Flex Book Keeper. 3 days a week.
London Based and remote working
Salary: up to £50k FTE.
Introduction to Global Parametrics
Global Parametrics is a UK and German Government funded commercial enterprise with a social mandate which aims to develop financial disaster risk management solutions to counter the risk of natural disasters in low-and-middle-income countries (LMICs).
At the centre of Global Parametrics is a proprietary global risk hazard platform (the GP Platform) which sources publicly available climate and seismic data, cleans and sorts such data into usable datasets and then models and prices the risk of the occurrence of specific natural disasters (drought, tropical cyclone, earthquake, flood etc) in any geography in the world.
Global Parametrics is able to sell data/models generated by the GP Platform and to offer associated advisory services to third party clients to help them in the development of financial disaster risk management solutions.
Further, through the establishment of NDF (UK) LP (or The Natural Disaster Fund (the NDF)) which is managed by the Global Parametrics team, Global Parametrics is able to utilise data generated by the GP Platform to offer parametric risk transfer instruments (principally in the form of derivative contracts) to third parties seeking to invest in/otherwise with exposure to LMICs.
Global Parametrics has operations both in the US (Lexington, Savannah and Washington DC) and in the UK (London).
Global Parametrics Limited (the principal UK operating company within the Global Parametrics Group) is looking for an experienced part-time all-round bookkeeper to work as part of its comparatively small and collegiate team.
The Bookkeeper will assist in managing the day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organisational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate is a skilled multi-tasker who is reliable and committed to meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recording financial transactions and preparation of daily/monthly journal entries;
- Responsible for all aspects of general ledger, accounts receivable and payable, as well as recording payroll information, credit card statements, expense claims, fixed assets, depreciation, and cashflow;
- Manage accounts payable and receivable;
- Paying suppliers within credit terms and reconciling suppliers’ statements;
- Maintaining company ledgers and group chart of accounts;
- Handling client invoices, seeking authorisation prior to payment;
- Raising invoices and maintaining debtors’ records;
- Reviewing expense claims ensuring process is followed at all time;
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits and intercompany transfers;
- Preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations with supporting documentation;
- Completing tax forms;
- Preparing and filing quarterly VAT returns;
- Assisting the FC In the preparation of Group consolidated monthly management reports;
- Assisting with the annual audit process, Preparing lead schedule and information for auditors;
- Additional bookkeeping duties and ad hoc analysis as requires as designated by management;
- Filing historical records and retrieving documents as required; and
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed.
Bookkeeper Skills and Qualifications:
- CCAB Part Qualified or AAT fully qualified;
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP (knowledge of US GAAP advantageous);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of multi-currency environment;
- SME/Financial services experience desirable;
- Strong understanding of business tax computations including demonstrated experience of managing and maintaining VAT arrangements;
- Proficiency in accounting software, Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Knowledge of systems implementation and upgrades;
- Organisation, ability to juggle several organisational tasks at once; and
- Timeliness and attention to detail.
Please email CV to Annyes Laheurte, email@example.com.