Ref: JN -122018-2894
Our client is a single family office with interests in Guernsey, the UK and Scandinavia.
Reporting to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer, this role offers an outstanding opportunity for a focused individual to gain a valuable insight into the workings of a Family Office. You will be based at the office in the Cotswolds, working directly with the Principal and the CFO but will also liaise with outsourced services providers. The tax management, fund management, trust accounting, company secretarial and legal requirements of the Group is provided by outsourced professional firms. The bookkeeping is also currently outsourced, but part of the role will be to bring this in-house.
Your principal responsibilities as Finance Assistant will include:
- Co-ordinate the transfer of bookkeeping services from the outsourced provider to an in-house function.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts, VAT returns and bookkeeping.
- Accounts payable service for UK companies and preparation for all bank payments for approval by the CFO.
- Assistance to the Principal and CFO in the preparation of Board papers
- Assistance in implementing and planning philanthropic activities in the structure.
- Provide hands on support for ad hoc requests from the Principal/CEO.
- Assist the CFO/COO with the co-ordination of the relationships with the outsourced providers to ensure effective and appropriate services provision to all parts of the structure;
- Assist the CFO/COO in conjunction with the outsourced providers, with the production of quarterly management reports and papers for the Guernsey Board meetings.
- Assist the CFO/COO with the Group Treasury function, specifically treasury and cashflow planning and management, to ensure liquidity as required in all parts of the structure whilst complying with tax structuring and legal requirements.
- Assist as required with due diligence on new (unquoted) direct investment
- Office and administrative support as required including organisation of meetings.
In addition there will be Executive Assistant duties to support the Principal with both business and personal related matters.
The family office operates with a high level of professionalism and discretion and so key attributes and competencies required for the role are:
- A person of unquestioned integrity and trustworthiness;
- The ability to work independently and turn your hands to many things and to have a ‘hands-on’ approach within a small, close-knit team;
- Broad based and general financial and business skills with experience of preparing management accounts from the “bottom up”.
- Experience in cash and treasury management and on-line banking systems,
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Flexible, positive attitude with an enthusiastic approach to working in a unique role.
Location: Cotswolds / Nr Chipping Norton – candidates will need to be able to drive and to live locally
Salary: £50K FTE
Flexibility: 3 or 4 days a week
Working days Monday, Tues & Weds if 3 days (plus Friday if working 4 days a week)
Recruiter contact: Linda Baldwin