Ref: JN -032019-2940
PR agency, account management, Kent, part time
Our client is a fast-growth global B2B PR agency with offices in the UK, overseas. They believe work should be fun and balanced. Commitment is vital, but so is time to relax.
They are seeking an Account Director to join the team in their Kent office. This is a great opportunity to work for an outstanding agency that can take your career to new places.
They can offer you the chance to work on fully integrated campaigns, with a great mix of global clients. You will get involved in the strategic planning of accounts and be part of the creative team to really drive campaigns and develop brands, both in the UK and internationally.
Their culture is refreshing, with plenty of chances to socialise as well as allowing you to maintain a great work-life balance.
As Account Director, you are ultimately responsible for overseeing your designated client accounts, as well as advising on other client accounts where required, with minimal involvement from the Associate Director or Managing Director.
Responsibilities of the Account Director:
● This client-facing role requires you to deal with journalists on a daily basis and you will need to build strong professional relationships with them and other industry contacts
● Your communication and written skills will be impeccable, as will your attention to detail
● You can hit the ground running and have good knowledge and experience of handling 360-degree PR campaigns. This should include generating stand out and national media coverage, from securing awareness for clients in the form of thought-leadership speaker opportunities, award submissions and brand collaborations, to measuring and evaluating campaigns
● You will be responsible for maintaining the high quality PR our client provide’s to our clients
● The role will require you to manage an account team and take responsibility for overseeing accounts, developing strategy alongside the senior team, while ensuring that programmes and objectives are met
You will have extensive proven experience in delivering B2B PR and / or social media campaigns, ideally with some experience of the technology sector. You will be a fully rounded PR professional with a thorough understanding of the media and communication skills, and business skills required to grow client accounts. You will fully understand the role of PR and Social Media in a client’s marketing mix and be well versed in the activities of other marketing disciplines and be able to demonstrate a strategic, consultative, analytical and problem-solving approach to service delivery. You will have the ability to run several account teams with minimal additional senior involvement and have the ability to energetically lead, motivate and mentor PR teams. Superior people and communication skills, both verbal and written are paramount as is excellent forward planning, workload prioritisation and resource management skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a sociable and interactive business and work on a part time and flexible working basis.
· Flexibility – 4 days a week (with scope for other flexible options)
· Location – Kent (some travel to central London)
· Salary – circa £40K FTE (depending on skills and experience)
· Recruiter – Elspeth Peters