Ref: JN -072020-3220
Our client is a private limited company with significant government funding that is playing a key role in driving successful and sustainable post-Covid economic recovery for the local region. At this particularly busy and challenging time, they are looking for Head of Corporate Services on an interim basis.
As well as a strong finance emphasis, the is a role that will require leadership experience, knowledge and skills across the corporate services scope.
You will be instrumental to the success of the organisation through identifying and implementing efficiencies and improvements to their existing corporate systems, procedures and practices maintaining and developing sound financial guidance, strong governance and supportive staff and partner working arrangements.
Reporting to the Corporate Services Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining key business relationships across the organisation as well as with Accountable Body and partner organisations.
- Leading and improving the Finance function by:
- Leading the Finance team and reviewing existing resourcing arrangements;
- Supporting the Management team and budget holders to deliver their objectives successfully and in budget;
- Overseeing financial compliance and regulatory returns;
- Ensuring robust financial controls and maintained;
- Overseeing payroll and treasury functions, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of routine financial reconciliations and effective credit and cashflow controls;
- Timely reporting of financial outcomes, across the management and governance structures.
- Supporting the Management team with their strategic financial planning.
- Providing support to the Corporate Services Director on:
- Operational policy development;
- Risk management;
- Governance and compliance monitoring;
- Optimisation of corporate systems capability and identification of new solutions to support effective business performance.
- You hold a recognised UK Accounting qualification, have at least 10 years’ relevant experience and have operated at senior management level.
- You have experience at senior level in a variety of environments including SME’s.
- You have a demonstrable track record of interim and/or project-based roles covering the design and implementation of effective and timely change initiatives.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills are key.
- You possess strong systems skills and are able to work to demanding deadlines in a dynamic environment without compromising on quality.
- You can demonstrate experience of implementing and managing efficiencies and improvements through technology-based solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to capitalise on your skills and experience to make a tangible difference to an organisation and the local economy.
Location: Thames Valley
Flexibility: Up to 25 hours per week spread over a minimum of 3 working days – flexible working
Salary: up to £80k FTE
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks