Ref: JN -082018-2835
Head of Technology Services, flexible working, City of London, Insurance
Our client is a global speciality insurance group with a London HQ. They are looking to recruit a new Head of Technology Services who will be responsible for the Infrastructure, Hardware, Databases, Service Delivery and Enterprise collaboration and communication tools.
This person will manage the Technology Services group and provide guiding principles in line with ITIL standards for any or all of the technologies and projects within the Infrastructure and Database environment including architecture, testing, implementation and operation of current and future IT solutions.
This person will report in to the Head of IS Operations and Technology and will manage circa 40 staff across the Service Desk, Infrastructure and Database Administration teams.
You will be degree qualified and will need to have at least 10 years’ experience in IT, in Hardware, service delivery or infrastructure, working for at least 2 different companies, and you will be experienced in providing support to 200 or more staff.
Large scale program/project management experience is required as well as delivery of projects within tight timeline parameters with emerging technologies Cloud, Voice/Video oIP, Virtualization etc.
You will also be experienced in:
- Dealing with multiple suppliers
- All aspects of IT Technology services, Infrastructure & Data Center operations, including Service Desk, Licensing, Desktop, Client support, LAN/WAN, Telecom, UNIX, Wintel, SAN & Storage technologies.
- Building a high performance teams
- Disaster Recovery designs and Business Continuity
- Vendor, outsource service provider management and contract negotiations
- Maintaining enterprise level license agreements and managing Service Level Agreements with outsourcing partners
Experience in ITIL/COBIT 4.1, SOX/J-SOX and Solvency II Audit compliance would be a bonus
The list below is not comprehensive and does not mean that the Technology Services Head has experience of developing solutions using these technologies. He/She must be able to understand them so that Service Desk Personnel, engineers and technical analysts can be challenged at the right level.
- Advanced Level: Windows, Windows Desktop, SAN, Local and Wide Area Networking,
- BCP related Technologies
- Intermediate Level: Principles of Project Management/ITIL, SQL, MS Project
- Advanced level: Exchange, MS Office, Telco inc. Cisco Volp
- Intermediate level: CISCO network, CITRIX
Location: City of London
Flexibility: Full time flexible working with some home-based working
Salary: to £100K basic plus bonus and benefits