Ref: JN -112019-3167
Our client, an exciting, new digital bank launching early 2020, is looking for a General Counsel to be their lead legal advisor.
This is a stand-alone, generalist legal role which offers the opportunity create the in-house legal function from scratch and to be involved at the highest level with an innovative and refreshing bank at a key stage in their journey to success.
Responsibilities are to include:
- Advise on all legal matters involving the Bank.
- Advise the Bank concerning transactions of business involving internal affairs, stockholders, directors, officers and corporate relations with general public.
- Supervise and co-ordinate all relationships with external counsel.
- Implement appropriate systems and processes to ensure compliance with legislation and regulation.
- Consult on legal risks.
- Provide professional, strategic and legal advice to the board of directors and board committees.
- Generate and maintain precedent agreements, contract management systems and other IT solutions.
- You are a qualified lawyer with 10+ years' post-qualification experience with the majority spent in financial services and/or technology.
- You have strong legal experience and expertise in corporate, regulatory and IT matters, with a focus on financial services and technology.
- You are able to identify key issues and legal risks and provide a structure and analytical response with a commercial lens.
- You have extensive experience and proven track record in hiring and scaling a legal team.
- You thrive when working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- You have worked within an SME or start-up environment.
Flexibility: 3 days per week, office based.
Location: City of London
Salary: £100,000 – £150,000 FTE plus benefits.
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks