Ref: JN -062020-3216
Our client is young, thriving VC fund who are looking to recruit a Finance Manager to work 3 days per week supporting both themselves and their funds with accounting, fund administration, Investor reporting, payroll/benefits, and tax.
Reporting into the CFO, this is a newly created role and the responsibilities include the following:
For the Management Company
- Oversee production of monthly management accounts, annual accounts, and VAT returns, as prepared by our outsourced service provider
- Manage capex (maintenance of fixed asset register);
- Manage expenses (Invoice and expense claim processing) and company cards;
- Calculate and Invoice GPS (management fee);
- Produce budgets, forecasting, and monthly cashflow variance analysis;
- Manage communications and filings with Companies House;
- Manage firm benefits, insurance, payroll taxes, etc; and
- Coordinate with advisors regarding firm regulatory requirements (FCA).
For the Funds
- Liaise with fund administrators on preparation of quarterly accounts and capital statements;
- Assist with ad hoc Investor queries;
- Support quarterly valuation of portfolio companies;
- Manage the issue of draw down notices to Investors;
- Input into preparation of quarterly portfolio company financial information summaries for investors;
- Maintain fund performance data; and
- Coordinate annual fund audits, including maintaining audit trail
- You are a fully qualified ACA or ACCA accountant.
- You have experience of and enjoy working with smaller, fast paced, innovative businesses.
- You are a self-starter who is able to manage your own workload whilst being comfortable taking direction from the CFO.
- You are proficient in Excel and have good financial modelling skills.
- You have excellent and proven stakeholder management and communication skills.
This is a newly created role and is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic business at a key stage in its journey. To be successful in this role you must be a team player who enjoys contributing to discussions whilst keeping your eye on your own responsibilities.
Location: Central London – Shoreditch
Flexibility: 3 days a week – flexible working
Salary: £47k – £57k FTE
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks