Ref: JN -062020-3217
Our client is a fast-growing, dynamic and creative professional services business with an enviable client portfolio and ambitious, yet achievable growth plans. As part of their growth strategy, they are looking to upgrade their finance function by recruiting a part-time Finance Manager.
This is a stand-alone role working closely with external accountants as well as a senior external finance advisor. It offers an exciting opportunity to make the role your own as you will be given the scope and freedom to establish new processes and procedures creating an efficient finance function which will pave the way for the company’s growth.
Our client is a truly flexible employer who are keen to ensure that you are able to leverage your professional experience and evolve the scope of the role as the business grows at the same time as balancing your life outside of work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring smooth running of the day-to-day accounting function, including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Preparing monthly management accounts and information for the board.
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasting.
- Preparation of VAT returns and other statutory reporting.
- Liaising with external accountants for statutory accounts preparation and payroll.
- Managing filings with Companies House and HMRC.
- Business partnering with other teams within the business.
- You are a qualified accountant.
- You have a good working knowledge of accounting systems (e.g. Xero / Sage) and Excel modelling techniques.
- You are able to analyse business performance and present financial information in a meaningful way to non-finance professionals.
- Ideally, you have experience of working within an SME.
This is a fantastic opportunity to embed yourself within an ambitious, creative and flexible business and develop your career taking the finance function to the next level.
Location: South West London
Flexibility: 2 days per week with potential to increase over time – flexible working
Salary: circa £65k FTE
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks