Ref: JN -012019-2904
Greater Manchester, finance director, consultancy
Our client in the environmental sector is seeking a Finance Director to join the business. This is a key role for the business as they continue to grow. This role will sit on the Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team.
- Manage the finance function and oversee staff development
- Review of monthly management information – analysis of variances to budget and narrative
- Review of turnover and profit forecasts, working closely with other departments / senior personnel to understand predictions of costs and revenue
- Cash flow forecasting and cash management
- Developing relationships with key clients, bank, auditors
- Company secretarial tasks as appropriate
- Special projects as required by the Board
Ideally this role will suit someone from a consultancy/professional services business i.e. allocating resource to a project and analysis of costs / profitability. Experience of the environmental sector would be good but not essential. Candidates will be qualified finance professionals with experience at FD level and experience of mentoring others. Strong systems skills would be beneficial including knowledge and experience of SAP and Sage. Previous experience in SME environment would be beneficial.
- Flexibility – full time with some home working available (1 day from home)
- Location – Greater Manchester
- Salary – Up to 100k FTE
- Recruiter – Elspeth Peters