Ref: JN -012019-2903
Division Head Platform Systems – DSTL (Defence Science and Technology Laboratory)
As the Division Head you will lead the entire Division, setting and communicating strategic direction and ensuring the safe, secure, resilient and cost-effective delivery of Science and Technology (S&T) to time, cost and quality in order to realise benefits for Defence and Security. You will ensure effective management of capability, employees and programme and project delivery, as well as being an active member of the Dstl Executive Management Committee, working with the Executive to develop Dstl policy and strategy.
The Platform Systems Division provides a single focus for platform-based capability covering all mission and weapons systems, and the related integrated survivability capabilities. The Division is responsible for all advice and solutions to capability gaps that require platform based solutions incorporating Air, Land, Maritime and Strategic Systems, Electro-Magnetic Protection, Integrated Survivability, Complex Weapons and Physical Sciences . This Division supports the Front Line Commands, Defence Equipment &Support and the Chief Scientific Advisor research programme.
We are looking for someone who has:
• An understanding of the Defence and Security arena
• Experience of strategic change and business transformation
• A strong track record of people management and leadership
• Extensive Relationship management experience
In this role you will:
• Set and communicate a vision and the strategic direction for the Division.
• Recommend and contribute to the development of corporate strategies (e.g. Corporate/Business plans).
• Ensure the development and maturation of supplier relationships matched against near-term delivery and future capability requirements, through effective partnership working and contract management.
• Implement Dstl's policies and processes and ensuring compliance with the Management System.
• Direct line management of the Division Programme Leader, the Capability Leader and the Business Manager.
• Create a positive working environment which supports diversity and enables staff to excel.
• Maintain a highly visible presence within the Division and promote high levels of staff engagement.
• Formal business qualification (e.g. MBA, business or management-focussed degree).
• Practitioner-level or equivalent in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
A career path that can demonstrate effective delivery of:
• Strategic change and business transformation.
• Influencing stakeholders at all levels
• Risk and Safety Management.
• People Management and Leadership.
• Financial Management.
• Building and maintaining effective relationships across organisational boundaries.
Provisional interview date is the 13th of February.
Contact for queries: Kat Ward email@example.com
Please apply via this link https://bit.ly/2QWrZnq
Please note closing date is 20th January 2019