Ref: JN -062019-3110
Our London-based client deals with complex global sourcing, financing and logistics, creating economic and social value by facilitating and promoting the most sustainable, efficient and cost-effective movement of products across our global supply chain. To deal with increasing demand in this fast-paced, dynamic organisation, they have created a new role for a Legal Specialist to sit within the Trade Finance team, reporting into the Head of Trade Finance.
The ideal candidate for the this legal role will be a commercially aware self-starter who possesses hands-on experience reviewing and editing contracts, maintaining electronic document repositories, and supporting the legal requirements of a broad range of individuals across a variety of departments and levels of management. The candidate will provide legal advice in-house together with researching and advising on various legal issues that arise, as well as managing legal risk and instructing external counsel whilst managing matter internally.
This flexible role is 3 days a week, with days to suit the candidate. There is opportunity to work remotely, with some office presence required.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Review and provide advice on trade-related legal issues and transaction documents for various Group business units (may involve liaising with external counsel as appropriate).
- Assist with reviews of confidentiality agreements.
- Drafting, reviewing and amending of contracts.
- Ideally familiar with derivatives documentation (ISDAs, etc.), agreements relating to warehousing (CMAs, CDA/WAs etc.), finance documents (facility term sheets, pledges etc.) and documents governing the general trading and shipping of commodities.
- To take responsibility for your performance and to work together to achieve our organisational goals.
- To attend training courses which are identified as being necessary for the performance of the role.
- To be fully conversant with the Employee Handbook and supporting policies, including Health & Safety legislation and fire and emergency procedures.
- Changes in the business may occasionally require alterations in this job description and these will be agreed with the post holder as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Paralegal Certification preferred
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification in-house experience
- Trade related skills
- Highly skilled in standard office software (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to work independently and to successfully meet deadlines.
- Good Attention to detail
- Flexible Approach
- It is preferable to have worked in a Corporate or Financial Environment