Ref: JN -012020-3188
Our client, a developer and operator of renewable energy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa is looking to strengthen it's Senior Leadership Team with the appointment of a Chief Financial Officer. This is a strategic, senior level role, reporting into the CEO and managing the Head of Finance and Corporate Operations Manager and their teams and overseeing the legal and compliance functions.
- Acting as CFO and strategic business partner to the Senior Executive Leadership team and the Board.
- Leading Project Financing for the company's projects, including refinancing of the project and capital structure optimisation.
- Leading corporate funding strategy and financing rounds, including optimisation of the capital structure.
- Alongside the rest of the Senior Leadership Team, taking responsibility for the achievement of share valuation targets set by the Board.
- Maintaining and growing a complex financial reporting schedule to key stakeholders in the business.
- Developing management reporting for the Boards of multiple entities in the Group, bridging the gap between the financial systems and the decision-making process.
- Creating and establishing annual financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
- Providing guidance and direction for Corporate Operations, including the Company Secretarial function, Facilities Management and Travel and Administration.
- You are ICAEW or CIMA qualified with extensive experience of operating at senior level.
- You have robust corporate and project finance experience in emerging markets.
- You are comfortable managing key structures and processes in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- You have the credibility and confidence to build relationship and trust with key stakeholders including Board directors.
- You have experience of complex group and financing structures.
- You must be a proactive self- starter who is keen to identify and take action in order to make improvements where necessary.
This is a fabulous opportunity to take a key strategic role in an organisation founded on principles of honesty, fairness, collaboration, determination and responsibility operating in an important and growing market.
Flexibility: Full time with flexibility and the opportunity for some remote working.
Location: London Bridge
Salary: £150k FTE
Recruiter contact: Jennifer Brooks